As part of our National capabilities, Saizeriya Australia, based in Melton VIC, encountered an urgent, critical breakdown within the metering cubicle of a 4 tier Schneider SM6 HV Switchboard. This switchgear consisted of 1x metering cubicle, 1x HV CB, 1x Bus Isolator and 1x HV Fuse Switch.
The customer attempted to source a replacement unit through the OEM but the expected delivery time was in excess of 12 weeks from place of order.
With the assistance of the huge inventory in our High Energy Equipment Sales business, HES were able to source the required replacement parts, organise freight and complete the repairs within two weeks. This replacement was not only completed much sooner than the OEM lead time but it was also a significantly more cost effective solution. HES made this prompt solution possible by;
- Having a huge variety of replacement serviced parts in stock as part of our High Energy Equipment Sales (HEES) business
- Having availability of labour and equipment at short notice to ensure a prompt and professional solution as part of our High Energy Service (HES) business
As part of the replacement works, HES had to;
- Test and assess the switchboard.
- Repair damage to metalwork inside the metering panel.
- Replace isolator and associated bus bars.
- Replace insulators and cable standoffs.
- Repair the cable gland plate.
- Mount CT’s and VT’s inside the metering panel.
- Test the switchboard at 22 kV after the completion of works.
Just want to say thanks to both you and your team for the great work you did in turning around our HV equipment so fast.
It has been really appreciated.